Requirements & Restrictions
Internship: Management is a college-wide elective.
In order to be eligible for internship credit:
- The student must be an AEMM major/minor or a qualified Interdisciplinary major.
- A transfer student must complete at least one semester in the AEMM department.
- The student must have successfully completed at least 48 credit hours, with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above.
Qualified students may receive up to twelve credit hours of internship credit, with no more than six credits per semester/internship. Each credit hour is earned by accumulating 75 hours at the internship. A student who elects to continue an internship into a new semester must register the continuance.
|1 credit||75 hours||(5 hrs./wk. for 15 weeks)|
|2 credits||150 hours||(10 hrs./wk. for 15 weeks)|
|3 credits||225 hours||(15 hrs./wk. for 15 weeks)|
|4 credits||300 hours||(20 hrs./wk. for 15 weeks)|
|5 credits||375 hours||(25 hrs./wk. for 15 weeks)|
|6 credits||450 hours||(30 hrs./wk. for 15 weeks)|
|1 credit||75 hours||(6.25 hrs./wk. for 12 weeks)|
|2 credits||150 hours||(12 hrs./wk. for 12 weeks)|
|3 credits||225 hours||(18.75 hrs./wk. for 12 weeks)|
|4 credits||300 hours||(25 hrs./wk. for 12 weeks)|
|5 credits||375 hours||(31.25 hrs./wk. for 12 weeks)|
|6 credits||450 hours||(37.5 hrs./wk. for 12 weeks)|
Letter of Eligibility
Qualified students may request a Letter of Eligibility to present to the internship supervisor. This letter verifies that the department will award college credit to the intern. Students should request this letter from their internship coordinator well in advance of the internship interview.
- After a student has received six credits for a single internship, a continuance will only be permitted when the student can demonstrate that the internship continuance will provide for a new learning experience.
- No credit will be given for an internship that has already been completed.
- The internship must be completed during the semester in which the student is registered. Internships that continue through a new semester must be re-registered for that semester.
- Internship credit will only be awarded for ‘workplace experience’ when the student has taken on responsibilities above and beyond those expected of the student as an employee.
- A student may not intern with a relative.
- Students may not intern in a sponsor’s private home office. All internships must take place in a public space.
- Internships may not be “online” or “work-from-home” experiences. All internships must be directly supervised.