Who Are Some Noteworthy Alumni?
AEMM graduates have been hired into exciting and challenging positions within the arts, entertainment, and media industry throughout the country. A sampling of permanent positions includes, but is not limited to:
Music Promotion and Distribution
- EMI Music - EMI Music is one of the world’s leading music companies, home to some of the most successful and best known recording artists.
- Warner Brothers Publishing - Warner/Chappell Music is WMG's award-winning global music publishing company.
- Universal Music Group - Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s largest music content company with market leading positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising.
- R. Kelly’s Recording Studio
- Atlantic Records
- Billions Corporation - The Billions Corporation is a booking agency established in 1989.
- Bloodshot Records - An independent record label based in Chicago IL.
- Ruby Hornet - Celebrating and advancing Chicago Hip Hop Music and Culture from the outside looking in.
- Music Dealers
- Windish Agency - Independent booking agency devoted to the artistic development and vision of its incredibly talented roster of musicians, bands and DJs.
- Victory Records - Chicago-based record label founded by Tony Brummel.
- Music Garage - Music Garage is a professional music rehearsal facility with locations in Brooklyn and Chicago.
- Biz 3 Publicity
- KMA Management - Artist management, music marketing, brand development, and consulting.
Traditional and New Media
- MTV Networks - MTV Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products.
- Ignition Interactive - Ignition is a creative company that pioneers new forms of storytelling with technology.
- Big Fuel Communications - Connecting “people stories” to “product stories” through branded content and social media.
- Pitchfork Media - Chicago-based daily Internet publication devoted to music criticism and commentary, music news, and artist interview.
- Emanate PR - At Emanate, we get to know our target audiences through research, analytics and testing.
- Harpo Studios - Harpo Productions, Inc. is an incorporated US-based multimedia production company founded by Oprah Winfrey.
- Telemundo - Telemundo is an American television network broadcast in Spanish owned by NBC Universal.
- National Public Radio - NPR delivers breaking national and world news.
- Towers Productions - Since its founding in 1989, Towers Productions has been a pioneer in factual and reality programming, based on unique access to great stories and characters.
- Tribune Companies - Media company of national newspaper, television and radio companies.
- WYCC TV - WYCC PBS Chicago broadcasts 24 hours a day on channel 20.
- International Creative Management - ICM Partners is one of the world's largest talent and literary agencies with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and London.
- Gray Talent Management - We provide our actors with the tools to direct their careers and our clients with the talent that makes production casting easier and more successful.
Museums and Galleries
- The Art Institute of Chicago - An encyclopedic art museum located in Chicago's Grant Park.
- Chicago Cultural Center - The nation's first free municipal cultural center, the Chicago Cultural Center is one of the city's most popular attractions and is considered one of the most comprehensive arts showcases in the United States.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago - One of the nation’s largest facilities devoted to the art of our time, the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago (MCA) offers exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art created since 1945.
- The American Museum of Natural History, New York - One of the largest and most celebrated museums in the world.
- Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago - Incorporated September 16, 1893 with its purpose the "accumulation and dissemination of knowledge, and the preservation and exhibition of artifacts illustrating art, archaeology, science and history."
- J. Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles - A cultural and philanthropic institution dedicated to critical thinking in the presentation, conservation, and interpretation of the world's artistic legacy.
- Lesley Hindman Auctioneers - A full service auction house and industry leader with over thirty years of expertise and experience.
- Illinois Arts Council - Charged with developing the state’s public arts policy, fostering quality culturally diverse programs, and approving grants expenditures.
- Concrete = Canvas, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Strives to serve as a platform to lead social change and consciousness around the globe.
- Pace MacGill Gallery, New York
- Corcoran Gallery, Washington D.C. - Expansive collection, dynamic exhibitions, and innovative programs and events.
- Sixty Inches from the Center - Archive and support art that exists outside the central iconic art institutions in Chicago.
- Three Walls Gallery - Dedicated to increasing Chicago’s cultural capital by cultivating contemporary art practice and discourse.
- Hinge Gallery - Mission is to support emerging contemporary artists of the highest quality from Chicago as well as around the country.
- Atlas Gallery - For more than forty years have guided collectors - both large and small - in acquiring an endless array of magnificent art from the past treasures of the Old Masters to the magnificent works created today by some of the greatest artists of our age.
- Johalla Projects - Established as a venue for emerging and mid-career artists.
- I Am Logan Square - Non-profit organization that promotes and supports the arts and cultural development in Chicago's vibrant Logan Square neighborhood.
Live Entertainment and Performing Arts
- The House of Blues - Dedicated to educating and celebrating the history of Southern Culture and African American artistic contributions to music and art.
- School of Rock, Philadelphia - For more than a decade, School of Rock has been inspiring kids to rock on stage and in life.
- Jam Productions - Largest independent producer of live entertainment in the United States.
- Rock for Kids - Provides music education to underserved children in Chicago, sparking creativity and passion, teaching critical thinking, supporting academic achievement and enriching young lives.
- Ravinia Festival Association - Since 1904, has been Chicago's "sound of summer," a place where you can meet up with your friends, have a wonderful time and hear some of the greatest music in the world.
- React Presents - Concert promotion and production company with offices and events in Chicago, Los Angeles, Detroit, and Milwaukee.
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra - Founded in 1891, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is consistently hailed as one of the greatest orchestras in the world.
- Chicago Sinfonietta - Mission is to serve as a national model for inclusiveness and innovation in classical music through the presentation of the highest quality orchestral concerts and related programs.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra - A leader in the world of classical music, embraces and inspires individuals, families and communities through unsurpassed musical experiences.
- Goodman Theatre - Chicago’s oldest and largest not-for-profit theater.
- Steppenwolf Theatre - Ensemble first began performing in the mid-1970s, the ambitious brainchild of three high school and college friends: Jeff Perry, Terry Kinney and Gary Sinise.
- Harris Theater - Home to a diverse and exciting repertoire of music and dance experiences, the Harris Theater brings the finest music and dance to the public while providing a home to arts organizations who benefit from our support.
- LookingGlass Theatre - Non-profit, ensemble-based theater company located in Chicago, Illinois.
- Bank of America Theatre - Theater operated by Broadway In Chicago, a Nederlander Presentation.
- Stage Left Theatre - Offers plays that raise the level of debate on social and political issues.
- Joffrey Ballet - For more than a half-century, The Joffrey Ballet’s commitment to taking world-class, artistically vibrant work to a broad and varied audience has created a solid foundation that continues to support the company’s unprecedented capacity for achieving important “firsts.”
- Lyric Opera of Chicago - Founded in 1954, is one of the world's greatest opera companies. It is renowned internationally for its artistic excellence and financial strength.
- Chicago Opera Theater - Founded in 1974, a perfect marriage of music and theatre.
Professional and Collegiate Sports
- Major League Baseball
- Chicago Steel - The Chicago Steel are a Tier 1 Junior A hockey Team.
- Chicago Cubs
- Chicago White Sox
- Chicago Fire - MLS Soccer Club
- Priority Sports Management - We are an international sports management company, specializing in the rugby codes, who take a holistic approach to athlete management.
- 670 The Score - The Home of White Sox Radio, on the new CBSChicago.com.