Program Descriptions, Degree Requirements, and Sample 4- and 2-Year Plans
Students, faculty, and staff of the Audio Arts & Acoustics Department study sound, the most omnipresent and evocative of sensations, and hearing, the most versatile and intuitive of senses.
We offer comprehensive undergraduate study, facilities, and expertise in
• live and recorded sound design, engineering, and production/post-production,
• environmental and architectural acoustics,
• hearing physiology/conservation and sound perception and cognition, and
• design and management of audio installations.
A team of accomplished technicians, artists, and academics, our faculty members are active and recognized within most facets of the audio industry, engage in influential research, and include artists whose work is at the cutting edge of sound art. Standing firmly at the intersection of art, science, and technology we nurture tomorrow’s sound experts.
The Audio Arts & Acoustics Department offers three degree majors:
- Bachelor of Arts in Audio Design & Production
- Bachelor of Arts in Live & Installed Sound
- Bachelor of Science in Acoustics
Full details available in our Student Handbook.
Pantelis N. Vassilakis, Ph.D.