Submit to the SWR
Submissions for the 10th Anniversary
Story Week Reader are closed.
The Story Week Reader is to be released in conjunction with the 2014 Story Week Festival of Writers this March. In the past ten years, SWR has given valuable exposure to nearly 200 Columbia students. Our submissions, may be closed, but it's not too early to start thinking about Story Week Reader 2015!
We’re looking for arresting, memorable, stand-alone graduate and undergraduate work in prose, poetry, one-act plays, and stories in graphic form. We’re interested in flash pieces, which means a word count 750 or fewer. Graphic stories are limited to two pages. Please limit submissions to TWO works of 750 words. No previously published works accepted.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Read back issues of the Story Week Reader
- In the e-mail subject line, specify your work as “SWR Fiction Submission,” “SWR Nonfiction Submission,” “SWR Poetry Submission,” “SWR One-Act Play Submission,” or “SWR Graphic Form Submission.”
- Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be accepted via email only.
- Paste a cover letter, a short bio, and your manuscript into the body of an e-mail message.
- Cover letter should include story title, author’s name, author’s current writing class, degree being pursued (BA, BFA, MFA), phone number, and e-mail address.
- Multiple poems should be submitted within a single email.
- Graphic Form Stories should be attached as .jpeg or .pdf at 300 dpi.
Get your work in before the ball drops in Times Square. Submissions accepted via e-mail no later than December 31st, 2013. Authors will be notified by e-mail no later than February 17th.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT
Haven’t read any good short prose lately? Check out these Publishing Lab-endorsed online journals that feature deftly-crafted, heart-stopping flash prose:
Check out some of our favorite poetry sites, too!