Application Checklist (GL-CMA)
When applying to the LABAN Certificate in Movement Analysis you will need to submit the following materials:
- Online Application, with application fee
- Self-Assessment essay: Please write about your understanding/experience with Laban Movement Analysis. Also include any experience you’ve had with movement such as dance, yoga, Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique and how you plan on using the Laban certificate in the future.
- Two letters of recommendation: Note that recommenders are notified via email once the online application process has begun.
- An official transcript from any and all colleges/universities attended
- The Online Application and corresponding materials can be accessed on our Apply page. Click here if you are ready to apply.
Please remember: A group interview is required as part of the admission process before acceptance into the program is final. You will be contacted by the department if they feel your application warrants your attendance at the Movement Admissions Interview.
Applicants for 2014 may be invited to the Movement Assessment Interview for March 8, 2014.
- BA degree. Backgrounds typically include dance, dance education, theater, and/or other somatic practices.
- Anatomy course or certificate. Applicants missing any of the necessary prerequisites can include an explanation of how they plan to fulfill them on a separate page in the essay entitled Prerequisite Fulfillment.
All prospective students are encouraged to view our FAQ sheet - CLICK HERE!