Semester In L.A.
Costume for TV, Film & Entertainment
2014 Dates: May 27-June 27Apply
What is semester in LA?
It’s a five week program in which the student earns 12 credit hours and maintains a full-time student status. This program equals the contact hours students would normally receive in fifteen weeks but is compressed into 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. The program is designed for anyone who wishes to pursue a career as a costume designer and/or costume supervisor, for the TV, Film Video or Entertainment industry.
Who is Eligible?
All applicants must meet these minimum requirements:
- 60 credit hours with a 3.00 GPA in Major
- significant progress in completing liberal arts requirements
- application with essay
- Pre-Requisites: Fundamentals of Fashion Design, Design Principles, Design Studio I or Costume Design I, Garment Construction I or Fashion Product Evaluation
Acceptance to the program is conditional. There are a series of milestones which must be met or the candidate will be replaced by someone on the waiting list. At acceptance, you will be given a list of these milestones as well as the dates and procedures to meet them. These events include but are not limited to:
- proof of health insurance
- clearance of all restrictions to registration
- attend orientation session(s)
- and application acceptance
For more information visit http://www.colum.edu/Academics/semester-in-la/about/
For more information please contact:
Kate Carlson at 312-369-6280, KCarlson@colum.edu
or visit 618 So. Michigan 10th Floor