Submit to the SWR
Story Week Reader 2013
Precise Prose Under 750 Words
Beginning November 5 2012, the Story Week Reader will be accepting
submissions for its annual publication to be released in conjunction
with the Story Week Festival of Writers: 2013. In the past eight
years, SWR has given valuable exposure to over a hundred Columbia
students. We are looking for more diverse voices from Columbia
College's Fiction Writing Department. This is you. Submit.
We're looking for Columbia College's best graduate and undergraduate work in fiction, creative non-fiction, one-act plays and stories in graphic form. These short pieces should be arresting, memorable, and able to stand on their own. They may contain the characteristics of any story, but must stay at 750 words or fewer. Graphic Form Stories are limited to two pages. No previously published works allowed. Please limit your submissions to two works.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Read back issues of the Story Week Reader
- Submissions will be accepted via e-mail only.
- Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paste a cover letter, a short bio, and your manuscript into the body of an e-mail message.
- Cover letter should include story title, author’s name, author’s current fiction writing class, degree being pursued (BA, MFA, BFA), phone number and e-mail address.
- Graphic Form Stories should be attached as .jpeg or .pdf at 300 dpi.
Get your work in before the ball drops in Times Square. Submissions accepted via e-mail no later than December 31st, 2012. Authors will be notified by e-mail no later than February 18th.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT
If you haven’t read any good short prose in a while, check out these Publishing Lab-endorsed online journals that feature well-written, engaging flash fiction: