This information is for the Summer 2013; all of the new details will be updated in December for the Summer 2014 High School Summer Institute. Please sign up to receive information as it is released.
- Admission application deadline: June 28, 2013
- Registration deadline: July 3, 2013
- Program dates: July 8 – July 26, 2013
- Orientation: July 8, 2013, 1:00 PM at 1104 S. Wabash
- Showcase: July 26, 2013, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Move-out for Housing Students: July 27, 2013
SHOWCASE FRIDAY, JULY 26th
On Friday, July 26th, students are required to participate in the culminating event of Columbia’s High School Summer Institute—the end of session Showcase. HSSI students and faculty assemble all over campus to share their finished work. Film, TV, and radio projects, dance, music, and theater performances, poetry and fiction readings, plus art and photography displays make for an entertaining way to close the High School Summer Institute. Family and friends are invited to attend. Mark your calendar!
DROPPING CLASSES/ CANCELLING HOUSING CONTRACT
If your plans for the summer change—after you have registered and paid for your HSSI courses and/or on-campus housing—you should withdraw from your classes (and cancel your housing contract, if applicable). For the full list of deadlines for full or partial refunds of tuition and/or housing costs, please consult the “Withdrawal and Refund Deadlines” below.
To withdraw from a class, you should log in to Oasis and reopen your registration screen. Next to your course selections there is a spot to select “Drop.” Select “Drop” and then click on submit and you will officially be withdrawn from your class. Non-attendance is not considered an official withdrawal.
Please note: Non-attendance is not considered an official drop. Students who register but do not attend class will receive a failing grade. Due to the intensive nature of the program, attendance at all class sessions is a must. Illness or family emergency are the only acceptable reasons for missing class.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND DEADLINES FOR TUITION AND/OR HOUSING COSTS
- Low enrollment class cancellation deadline: June 7, 2013
- Last day to cancel housing contract with 100% refund of housing payment: May 5, 2013
- Last day to withdraw from classes with a 100% tuition refund (and 50% refund of housing payment, if applicable): June 7, 2013
- Last day to withdraw from classes with a 50% tuition refund (and 25% housing payment refund, if applicable): June 21, 2013
- Last day to withdraw from classes. No refunds, but course will be expunged from your transcript: July 10, 2013