About the Learning Studio
The Learning Studio's mission is to maximize student potential by promoting independent learning through shared responsibility. What does this mean? It means that we won't do your work for you, however, it does mean that we are fully committed to helping you be successful at Columbia by going over your course work with you, by helping you perfect study strategies, and by providing workshops to enhance your experiences in and out of the classroom.
The space itself is brand new and incorporates all the latest technology and design elements to facilitate learning -- the Learning Studio is at the cutting edge of learning centers nation-wide and it's right here on your campus!
Here is what you will find at the Learning Studio:
- 50 testing and tutorial pods with internet and special software specific to your course needs
- A private computer lab for students in the CAP program
- Over 75 specially trained tutors ready to work with you
- Online or walk-in appointment setting options
- A textbook library for use in tutoring and study sessions
- Accessibility for all students
- And more...
Want to know more? Read A Brief History of the Learning Studio