Peer Academic Coaching
- Do you feel overwhelmed by your studies?
- Are you sometimes unprepared for classes and exams?
- Are you struggling to balance your schoolwork with other commitments?
The Learning Studio has Peer Academic Coaches ready to help. Each Peer Academic Coach (PAC) is a Columbia College student trained and supervised to assist you to be more successful in all of your courses.
What is Peer Academic Coaching?
- The PAC program is an opportunity for you to learn how to be more successful in all of your courses.
- It is NOT tutoring.
- Sessions are voluntary.
- You meet for 30 minute sessions with a PAC.
- Sessions can be one time only or on a weekly basis
What happens in a session?
- You and the PAC get to know each other and discuss concerns about learning.
- You learn to organize assignments and make a plan for success.
- You develop strategies for better managing time, taking notes in class, preparing for tests, and getting the most out of studying.
How do I meet a PAC?
- Call 312.369.8130 or come to the Learning Studio to make an appointment for a PAC session.
- Come by yourself or bring a buddy if you like.