1) I'm an offbeat sportswriter; my column is currently in its 33rd year.
2) Began my advertising career at Wilson Sporting Goods Co. in River Grove. Catalogs, collateral materials, PR releases, et al.
3) Won an international award for a radio commercial I wrote (for Computer Discount Warehouse) in my last full-time job. And created a cult following as the best journalist ever when it comes to the games of pool and billiards.
4) Insufferable pride in the latter (see #3).
5) Resolve here and now that you HAVE to learn strategy, whether your current courses emphasize it or not. Resist the temptation to write blind headlines; they look flashy but very seldom actually work. And don't try to put your personal stamp on the ads you create; only four men ever have, and nobody's waiting for #5.