I am a communications professional with 15 years experience in strategic communications and broadcast journalism with a focus in corporate reputation management, crisis communications, public affairs, and community relations. I have led teams providing counsel for organizations including AT&T, Willis Tower, Brightstar Corp, Inland Real Estate, and more. I served four years in the Marines and seven years as an elected public official in my hometown.
My First Real Job
Waiting tables at Bennigan’s.
- Supported incredible companies and launches, including various AT&T mergers and issues, iPhone & iPad launches, the opening of the Ledge at Willis tower, and more.
- Honored with an Edward R. Murrow Award for reporting.
- Part of teams honored with Silver Anvil, and B2B magazine’s Social Media Award.
What Drives Your Professional Career
A passion for helping non-communicators communicate.
Advice or Help For Students
- Ask questions.
- Work hard – it really does pay off.
- Find an internship or job in your field or one closely related.