Availability, hours and accessibility of practice rooms vary by location and time of year. Information on and instructions for practice room use is organized by facility below.
Practice Rooms are available by reservation only to students currently enrolled in a music course. Rooms are located on the third and fourth floors of the Music Center and are available in one-hour time slots. See hours below. Reservations must be made at least 5 minutes in advance and no earlier than 3 days in advance.
|Term||Monday - Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|Fall||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.||10 - 4 p.m.||Closed|
|Spring||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.||10 - 4 p.m.||Closed|
|Summer||9 a.m. - 7 p.m.||Closed||Closed|
Online practice room reservation is available starting the first week of classes. To reserve a room:
- Sign on to your student Oasis account.
- Go to the “Reservations” tab.
- Select the “WebCheckout Reservations” link to start the reservation process.
- Specify the start time and length of time for the reservation.
- To select a room, use the “find resources” link at the top of the page.
- Select the “Practice Rooms for Reservation” link for a list of all rooms available during your requested timeframe.
- To select a room, click the corresponding “Add” link from the “Actions” column on the right side of the list.
- A summary box with room information will appear for your information.
- Click the “Current Reservation” button at the top of the screen to return to the first reservation screen.
- Click “Confirm” to finalize and record your reservation.
- If a red error box appears, the request is incomplete. To clear errors, adjust times and/or room as necessary.
- For other errors (e.g., late checkout or reservation exceeding limits), contact the Music department at 312.369.6300 for assistance, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sherwood Community Music School
Sherwood practice rooms are available Monday-Friday from 9 am. -3 p.m. No practice rooms are available on weekends except to select piano students. For questions regarding Sherwood practice rooms contact Chris Gorcik at 312.369.3102.
Practice facilities at the University Center are available to residents on a first-come, first-served basis; no reservation is required.
Rehearsal & Ensemble SpacesLocked rehearsal spaces, such as ensemble rooms and classrooms (when not in use), are reserved online through the R-25 College Master Schedule. See the Space web page for more information.