“The Music Composition for the Screen program at Columbia College is evolving into a new industry standard for film scoring programs, and becoming the envy of other higher education institutions as it continues to innovate and expand.”
Robert Kraft, President of Music at Fox
|Jeff Rona||Jeff Danna||Blake Neely|
|Johnny Klimek||John Debney||John Powell|
|Atli Orvarsson||Javier Navarette||Kim Planert|
|Remote Control Productions||Warner Bros Pictures||New Line Cinema|
|Cliff Martinez - Composer||Chris Montan - Disney||Doreen Ringer Ross - BMI|
|Matt Coe - Composer||Kim Planert - Composer||Atli Orvarsson - Composer|
The Music Department’s MFA degree program in Music Composition for the Screen is pleased to announce the opportunity for matriculating students to compose for TV projects while enrolled in the degree program. We see this as an outstanding opportunity for students to gain valuable industry experience and to add to their portfolios prior to completing the degree.
Richard McHugh, Instructor and Manager of our MFA Tech Lab, is the CEO of Vision One Music, an industry music library located in Los Angeles. The company has become one the premier music libraries in LA. The following is a sampling of shows that currently use original music from Vision One:
- Commercials-Promo-I.D./Additional music/NCIS & NCIS Los Angeles-Persons of Interest/CSI: N.Y. /Mike and Molly/Blue Bloods/Hawaii Five-O/Criminal Minds
- 60 minutes/A Gifted Man/CBS College Football/2 Broke Girls/CBS NFL
- The Big Bang Theory/Bold and the Beautiful/ How I Met Your Mother
- CBS Doodle Bops/Rules of Engagement/CBS News Specials
- Two And A Half Men/CBS Morning News
- The Young And The Restless/Price is Right/Survivor (Philippines)
- Vice President Debates/Mentalist/The Good Wife
- Under Cover Boss/Survivor/One World/PGA Tour Golf/CBS The Talk
- CBS Up to the Minute/Abby’s Lab/Grimm/ Additional music/CSI/N.Y.
- Craig Ferguson The Late Late Show/Access Hollywood
- American Idol/Melrose Place/Bratz Episodes and Movie
- The George Lopez Show/Beverly Hills 90210
- As the World Turns/The Sopranos
Given the volume of music Vision One has to create, Richard offers our graduate students the opportunity to compose music for any available TV projects. In the event the student’s work is used, he/she will be registered with ASCAP or BMI, credited as composer and begin to receive royalties as a working professional and begin to assemble a professional portfolio. All music licensed will be on a ‘Per Use” basis with all copyrights remaining the property of the composer.