J-Term Music Immersion Course
32-3943 Music Industry Immersion: Music Workshop
Singers, songwriters, rappers, producers, drummers, bassists, guitarists, keyboardists and other instrumentalists are invited to apply for this J-Term's intensive, weeklong course, to be held January 5-10, 2013. The Music Workshop 32-3943 is part of a three-way collaboration with Audio Arts and Music Business programs.
In this course, students will:
- Form a band and/or performance project
- Work in close collaboration with music business and sound engineering faculty, student and guest artists/producers and coaches
- Create, record and produce their music in a studio setting
- Perform their work on stage
- Be awarded 3 credits (can be applied to degree requirements*)
Columbia will supply fully outfitted rehearsal/pre-production spaces, recording studios, instruction and expertise from faculty and guest artists, and two meals per day.
*Music students may apply credits as electives or towards certain CUP degree requirements. Please check with the CUP program director for specifics. Non-music student may apply all three credits towards elective requirements.
On campus housing is optional but recommended, as students will be working long hours.
Online J-Term Immersion Application
To participate, interested students must apply via the application link below. Acceptance into this course is by application only.
The application deadline for the J-Term 2014 Music Immersion Application has passed. The deadline for applications was December 15, 2013.