Summer Immersion Course
32-3943 Music Industry Immersion: Music Workshop
Singers, songwriters, rappers, producers, drummers, bassists, guitarists, keyboardists and other instrumentalists are invited to apply for this summer's intensive, weeklong course, to be held July 21-27, 2013. The Music Workshop is part of a three-way collaboration with Audio Arts and Music Business programs.
In this course, students will:
- Form a band and/or performance project
- Work in close collaboration with music business and sound engineering faculty, student and guest artists/producers and coaches
- Create, record and produce their music in a studio setting
- Perform their work on stage
- Be awarded 3 credits (can be applied to degree requirements*)
Columbia will supply fully outfitted rehearsal/pre-production spaces, recording studios, instruction and expertise from faculty and guest artists, and two meals per day.
*Music student may apply up to 2 credits towards certain CUP degree requirements, and the remainder towards electives. Non-music student may apply all 3 credits towards elective requirements.
On campus housing is optional but recommended, as students will be working long hours.
Online Summer Immersion Application
To participate, interested students must apply via the application link below. Acceptance into this course is by application only.
The Summer 2013 Music Immersion Application is now available! The deadline for applications is May 15, 2013.