600 S Michigan Ave, Rm. 1100
The Photography Department Digital Lab is one of the most advanced college level digital labs in the country. Occupying 6000 sq feet, the lab houses 4 classrooms, an archival printing production area, a beginning and advanced scan area, and a large work area, totaling more than 160 Apple Power Mac and Intel computers. Open 70 hours a week, the area is supervised by 3 lab managers and 18 student work aids.
Equipment highlights include
- 13 high end Imacon film scanners
- 2 large format Epson 9800/9880 inkjet printers
- 20 Epson 4900 printers
- 24 Epson 3800/3880 printers
Photography students during their core classes will learn to use Adobe Photoshop and digital equipment. In advanced level classes, students will learn high end fine art digital printing, page layout, and may explore time based work that may be interactive and learn web design.
Connect with us on Facebook.
The Digital Lab is part of Columbia College's Photography Department. This is an opportunity to see what we do on a daily basis. See info about our Digital Artist in Residence Program, The Red Couch Series, the hit series Get It Done with Kim and Justin and all the educational goings on here in the lab.
Information for Current Students/Faculty:
- Students currently enrolled in a Photography class may use our Online Reservation System to make an appointment for scanning and printing. You can access this from home using your Oasis login and password. *Faculty will not be able to reserve equipment but may use equipment as it becomes available.
- Mural Printing Procedure and Pricing for our mural printing can be found here.