How to Apply
The Internship Process
- Schedule a consultation with Caroline Dodge Latta, Internship Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, (312) 369 - 6138; 72 E. 11th St., Room 501
- Bring a work resume to your meeting with Caroline Latta.
- Bring a copy of your unofficial Oasis transcript- last page which lists number of credits and GPA – must have at least 60 credits and 3.0 or above GPA
- Download Faculty Recommendation Form for a faculty member to complete. Ask them to put completed form in Caroline Latta’s mailbox in Theatre Office.
- Investigate internship possibilities.
- Once you have identified a potential internship host(s) contact the organization and inquire if an internship is possible. Schedule an appointment to further explore internship options.
- After you and the internship employer have come to an agreement on the scope of work, together you and the employer should download and complete the Employment Agreement Form (you do not have this form yet, it is currently under review). Both the employer supervisor and the student must sign this Agreement Form and submit to Caroline Latta as soon as possible.
- The student meets with Caroline Latta to obtain, complete and file the Internship Registration Form. Make sure you are clear about how many credits you wish to receive. Handing in the form along with the above material will begin the registration process. The form must then be signed by the Department Chair. Remember you cannot register yourself for an internship.
- Keep a daily log where you record what you do each working day. This should be attached to your end of semester paper (see Step 8)
- Update Caroline Latta at least once during the semester on your progress –phone, email, or personal appointment. Contact her immediately if problems arise.
- Make sure that your internship supervisor has completed and returned the Evaluation Form to Caroline Latta by the last week of the semester. This form will be mailed to the Employer with ample time for completion. Do not deliver the evaluation yourself.
- Compose a four-to-five page typewritten paper highlighting your experiences during the internship. Make sure your paper addresses:
- what you expected to learn, what you did learn, and whether or not you would recommend this internship to others
This paper must be in Caroline Latta’s office no later than the last day of the semester.