Required Research Ethics Training
All IRB submittals must include a copy of the CITI
Certificate of Completion for each investigator.
1. Log onto the CITI website:
2. Click on "Register Here" on the Welcome Page
3. Complete and Submit the four sections on the Registration Page
a) Select "Columbia College Chicago" from the dropdown menu
b) Enter the "Username and Password" you would like to use
c) Enter your "First and Last Name"
d) Enter and Confirm your "Preferred email address"
4. Complete and Submit the Profile Page. Select:
Basic Human Subjects--Social & Behavioral Focus" for
Which course do you plan to take? and,
"Principle Investigator" or other more appropriate option for
Role in human subjects research
5. Click "Social & Behavioral Research Investigators" in Section 1
of the Curriculum Page and Submit
6. Select "Yes or No" at the bottom of the Affiliate Page
7. Click on "The Integrity Assurance Statement" link and then
Select and Submit the appropriate response after reading.
8. Begin your session!
HRSA Videotape Series: "Protecting Human Subjects"
Module 1 & 2 - Protection for Human Subjects & The Belmont Report
Module 3 - Criteria for Protocol
OHRP "Human Subject Assurance Training"