CIC Tuition Exchange Program
The CIC-TEP is a network of CIC colleges and universities willing to accept, tuition-free, students from families of full-time faculty and staff of other CIC-TEP participating institutions. For more information about this program review The Council of Independent Colleges Tuition Exchange Program brochure.
Columbia College Chicago is a participant in the tuition exchange program of the Council of Independent Colleges. CIC-TEP scholarships are highly competitive, four- year awards. Each year three students are awarded a CIC-TEP scholarship in the amount of full undergraduate tuition. Scholarships are generally renewable each year for a total of eight consecutive regular semesters.
The Columbia College deadline for receiving 2013-14 CIC-TEP Scholarship applications is January 15, 2013. Note: Be sure to complete the application with enough time for your school’s Liaison Officer to submit it to Columbia College by the January 15, 2013 deadline.
To compete in the CIC-TEP program, students must:
- Be an eligible faculty, staff, or dependent of other CIC-TEP participating institution.
- Have a completed admissions application file that is received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by January 15, 2013. A complete admissions file includes: the undergraduate admissions application, one letter of recommendation, and an official transcript(s). For details, visit How To Apply. Please note: it is not necessary to have been accepted to the college before applying for this scholarship.
- Have a completed Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) on file soon after January 1, 2013. For information on how to complete the FAFSA, visit How to Apply for Financial Aid.
How to Apply:
Only complete CIC-TEP applications submitted by the January 15, 2013 deadline will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
- Contact the CIC-TEP Liaison Officer at your institution and complete the CIC-TEP application.
- Submit your completed application to the Liaison Officer at your institution, who will in turn submit to Columbia College.
- Be sure to complete the application with enough time for your Liaison Officer to submit it to Columbia College by January 15, 2013.
Remember: Your completed admissions application file must be received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by January 15, 2013. A complete admissions file includes: the undergraduate admissions application, one letter of recommendation, and your official transcript(s). For details, visit How To Apply. Please note: it is not necessary to have been accepted to the college before applying for this scholarship.
All applicants will be notified of the scholarship committee’s decision by mail by February 15, 2013. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee’s decisions.
- Applications for the CIC-TEP Scholarship must be received by the CIC-TEP Liaison at Columbia College Chicago by January 15, 2013.
- The scholarship amount will be the amount that represents the difference between Columbia College Chicago’s tuition and any federal, state, or other sources of grants for which you qualify.
- The CIC-TEP Scholarship can be applied toward tuition only.
- Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Students who interrupt their enrollment or enroll less than full-time will forfeit any remaining scholarship funds.
- Recipients are NOT eligible for other Columbia College scholarship programs.
- Students must apply for FAFSA annually by February 15 of each year they intend to use the award.
- The rules governing other sources of financial aid (federal, state, institutional, and other grants will apply
If you are a full-time employee at Columbia College Chicago and you, or your eligible dependent, would like to apply for a CIC-TEP scholarship at a participating institution review Applying for a CIC-TEP Scholarship and submit a CIC Student Application to the Office of Human Resources.
For questions regarding the CIC-TEP, contact:
CIC-TEP Liaison Officer