Welcoming Students, Staff, and Faculty with current Columbia College ID, and Alumni with valid Alumni ID and Photo ID.
The Technology Commons features the newest Dual-Boot iMacs, contemporary chairs, tables and couches in various arrangements for easy laptop use, student project collaboration, and lounging. It has WiFi throughout and many outlets to recharge laptops and other mobile technology. Also available are two HD flat-panel screens in the seating areas, with built-in laptop hookups for display and sharing of digital media and projects, large conference tables, and smaller collaboration areas. Come visit our latest lab and find your favorite spot!
618 South Michigan, Lower Level
Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Computer Equipment Available:
- 38 Dual-boot iMacs (Mac OS X Lion & Windows 7)
- 4 Scanners
- 2 Black & White LaserJet Printers
- Touchscreen Paystation for Campus Cards
- 1 SimpleScan Flatbed Scanner / SimpleScan Document Feeder
Mac OS X (Lion):
- Adobe CS 6 Design & Web Premium, which includes: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Media Player, Adobe Media Encoder & Adobe Acrobat.
- Adobe Lightroom 4
- Microsoft Office 2011, which includes: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Powerpoint.
- iLife 11, which includes: iDVD, iPhoto, iMovie & Garageband.
- iWork 09, which includes: Keynote, Numbers & Pages.
- QuickTime Pro
- Toast Titanium 11
- Adobe CS 6 Design & Web Premium, which includes: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Bridge & Adobe Acrobat.
- Adobe Lightroom 4
- Microsoft Office 2010, which includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Access.
- Roxio Creator 2012
- QuickTime Player
- Windows Media Player
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
Campus Cards are the accepted form of payment for printing in the Open Labs, and these can be recharged with funds online using a credit/debit card. Prints are ten cents per page. Students may add Columbia Cash by submitting a cash payment at the Cashier's Window located on the 3rd floor at 600 S. Michigan Avenue. Bring your receipt from the cashier to the Campus Card Office to have the cash value added to your campus card, located on the 3rd floor at 600 S. Michigan Avenue, Room 303.