Media Conversion Center
Are you about to be a victim of a Media Meltdown?
Here are some of the tell-tale signs of impending Media Meltdown:
• All of your interviews, oral histories, field notes, and audio clips are saved on cassette tapes
• You are one dropped slide carousel away from a complete lecture disaster - and by the way, what do you mean they don’t make slide projectors any more????
• Your entire course is dependent on the college’s last working laser-disc player
• You are using a 15 year old VHS tape containing all of your important video clips
• Your overhead transparencies are turning yellow
• Your syllabus is saved on a 3 1/2” floppy disk
Well...we have some solutions for you!
Come visit the new IT Media Services Conversion Center located in room 1206, 600 S. Michigan Building. Call or email Craig Sorensen (312-344-7046/ firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how you can migrate to modern media!
Your data on Zip disks and Floppy disks can be transferred to CDs, DVDs, flash and other external digital devices of your choice in the Technology Commons, 618 South Michigan, Basement. Open 8:00 am to 10:00 pm weekdays.
Also, contact the Library and find out how to have your slides digitized and included in the MDID database.
Replace that old VHS tape with a brand new DVD! You can use this handy online form to request a purchase.