Where do I find my class list and how do I print it out? What's a FAAR and who needs to fill it out? What is EASE and how can it help my students? OASIS, Moodle, IRIS - what is this alphabet soup!?!
The new Faculty Virtual Learning Community (VLC) has answers to these questions and more!
A one-stop online resource center for new faculty, the Faculty VLC houses information about important, policies, procedures, resources, and deadlines.
- A comprehensive glossary of acronyms, key terms and resources, cross-referenced and hyperlinked
- A list of teaching and support resources for faculty and students divided into useful sub-categories
- Administrative Calendar with up-to-date information about important college-wide dates and deadlines
- Timely reminders about "What You Need to Know" at specific points in the semester
HOW DO I GET ACCESS?
- Go to moodle.colum.edu and scroll down to the "Faculty Virtual Learning Community" link.
- Log in to Moodle using your OASIS ID and password.
- While on the VLC page, click "Enroll Me" to access the content.
If you are having troube logging in to Moodle with your OASIS ID, contact Client Services at 312.369.7001 or email@example.com.
The Faculty VLC is an initiative of the Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence. For more information or questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.