Go to Content
Columbia College Chicago
Deferments, Verifications and Release of Information

Deferments, Verifications and Release of Information


Loan deferments, verifications of attendance and address, verification of good standing and verification of degree received are done by the Records Office. Any questions regarding these matters should be referred a Records Specialist. Students should bring or mail in any documents that need to be completed for deferments or verifications. The processing time is 3 - 5 business days.

The National Student Clearinghouse is now our authorized agent for providing enrollment and degree verifications to employers, screening firms, credit card and other companies. Please visit their website at http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/ or call at (703) 742-4200.

Self-service Enrollment and Degree Verifications

Students with OASIS access can obtain enrollment and degree verifications on the OASIS website. In addition, notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to lenders and guarantors can be viewed. Log in to the OASIS homepage, select the Students tab, and click the Student Self-Service link in the Transcript Ordering / Enrollment and Degree Verification area on the right side of the page. Your Social Security number must be on record in Oasis to use this service.

If you do not have OASIS access and want to request verification of attendance, please fill out the Request for Verification Formand submit it to the Records office. This form can be faxed to (312) 369-8073. Processing time is 3-5 business days.

Columbia College uses the following key to document student enrollment status:

Full time status - 12 credit hours or more
Three quarter time - 9 to 11 credit hours
Half time status - 6 to 8 credit hours
Less than half time status - 1 to 5 credit hours

Full time status - 9 credit hours or more
Three quarter time - 8 credit hours 
Half time status - 6 to 7 credit hours
Less than half time status - 1 to 5 credit hours

Degrees can be verified after they are posted to a student's transcript.

Release of Information

If you want to give your parents, or any other individuals, permission to have access to your academic and/or financial information, please print the appropriate form below:

Authorization to Release Information Form 2013-2014

Authorization to Release Information Form 2014-2015

Fill out the form completely, and submit it to the Records Office, 600 S Michigan, Room 611. Please be aware that this release is for inquiries and discussion purposes only. The college will not automatically mail grades, transcripts, or any financial information to the individuals authorized on the form. If you want your enrollment status sent to a lender, this is not the correct form, please complete the Request for Verification Form above on this page.

Disclosure Refusal

If you do not want any information released regarding your enrollment status or educational history, you may fill out a Disclosure Refusal Form in the Records Office. Disclosure Refusal is available only for currently enrolled students and must be renewed every semester.