SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SUBMISSION METHODS:Remember that your application file will only be reviewed if we receive all the supplemental materials listed below, and any additional materials listed in your program's application checklist.
View our quick how-to video on using the online application.
- SELF-ASSESSMENT ESSAY: You will be able to upload a .pdf or .doc copy of your self-assessment essay from within the online application for admission.
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: From within the online application, you'll be able to identify your recommenders and an automatic email will instruct them on how to submit their letters electronically.
- RESUME: You will be able to upload a .pdf or .doc copy of your resume from within the online application for admission.
- TRANSCRIPTS: To complete your application file, you will need to arrange to have official copies from every college and/or university you've attended sent to the Graduate Admissions & Sevices Office. This includes original transcripts from any institution where you might have taken credits that later transferred to another school. Whenever possible, your transcripts and letters of recommendation should come directly to the Graduate Admissions Office by the letter writer or the college/university of origin. If the you intend to send these materials to the Graduate Admissions Office yourself, then they must arrive in sealed envelope or they will not be considered official.
SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO:
Graduate Admissions & Services
Columbia College Chicago
600 S. Michigan Ave, Suite 200
Chicago, IL 60605
NOTE: As an alternative to hard copies, official electronic transcripts can be emailed from the institution of origin to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Colleges and Universities Outside of the US
Official educational records from colleges and universities outside the United States require a credential evaluation, which converts foreign educational documents into US equivalents. To arrange for a credential evaluation, applicants must contact World Education Services (WES) directly at www.wes.org. Applicants must arrange with WES to have a course-by-course evaluation completed of their international educational records, and to have that evaluation delivered directly to Columbia College Chicago's Graduate Admissions and Services office.
- WORK SAMPLES: Your work sample submission method will depend on which program you're applying to; see the table below for instructions specific to your program.
> Alternate Route (Certificate Program)
If you’re applying to one of these programs, you’ll submit your work sample via our online portfolio submission portal:columgrad.slideroom.com
NOTE: See your program's checklist page to see what file formats and sizes are most appropriate for your creative portfolio.
> Creative Writing - Fiction MFA
When applying to these programs, you'll be prompted to upload a .pdf or .doc copy of your work sample from within the online application.
NOTE: You'll only have the option of submitting these materials after you've submitted the application for admission.
|> Art Education MAT
> Arts, Entertainment & Media Management MAM
> Elementary Education MAT
|Work samples are either not required or are optional for these programs.|
- ADDITIONAL MATERIALS: Some programs materials in addition to those listed above. Make sure to check your program's checklist to confirm that you've submitted all the materials needed to complete your application file.