How To Apply
Students have the option of studying at Columbia as a Graduate Student-at-Large in the following departments only: Educational Studies, Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling, and Journalism.
However, students must contact the Graduate Admissions & Services Office or the department of interest to confirm which courses, if any, are available for the term in which they intend to enroll.
When applying to Columbia as a GRADUATE STUDENT-AT-LARGE, you will need to submit the following at least one week prior to the start of the class in which you intend to enroll:
- ONLINE APPLICATION, with $65 application fee
- Please contact David at 312-369-7942 to discuss the Student-At-Large application process.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT: In 200 words or fewer, your personal statement should describe your reasons for applying to Columbia College Chicago as a Student-at-Large. Please also explain how taking this coursework as a Student-at-Large is a desired extension of your educational and professional goals.
- An OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from any and all colleges/universities attended (transcripts must reflect that the applicant has earned a Bachelor's degree)
- Students-at-Large at Columbia have not been admitted to a degree-granting program and because they are enrolled part-time or less, the option is only available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- will be required for students who enroll in six credit hours in one semester.