How To Apply
When applying to the ARTS, ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA MANAGEMENT MAM program, you will need to submit the following:
- ONLINE APPLICATION, with application fee.
- Your SELF-ASSESSMENT ESSAY should discuss:
- Your career goals;
- Reasons for studying at the graduate level;
- Specific examples from your studies and professional experience that demonstrate your level of understanding of the arts, entertainment or media field in which you want to manage (if not clear from your resume);
- Examples of leadership potential, interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and reasoning capabilities, and personal qualities such as maturity, judgment, and individual initiative (if not clear from your resume);
- Knowledge and experience with electronic spreadsheet and relational database software programs (students may be required to complete a course in these areas).
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from any and all colleges/universities attended
- The GRE EXAM is recommended, but not required
Who should take the GRE?
During the application review process the Admissions Committee attempts to assess each applicant's critical, analytical, and quantitative abilities, as these skills are essential to success in the Arts, Entertainment & Media Management graduate program. It is sometimes the case that an applicant's transcripts contains coursework which would help illuminate this: e.g., accounting, economics, engineering, calculus, etc.. Students whose background does not contain a demonstration of critical, analytical, and quantitative skills are encouraged to take the GRE Exam so it can be used as a basis for evaluation.
- an undergraduate college degree with a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better (on a scale with a maximum of 4.0)
- relevant experience in a professional field, and/or equivalent college practice and understanding.
PLEASE NOTE: In rare cases, a phone interview may be required during the admission process. If necessary, the department will contact the student directly regarding the interview.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must submit all of the above materials, as well as an official TOEFL score and a credential evaluation. Additional documents are required of admitted students. Please visit our International Students page for more information.