When applying to the CREATIVE WRITING - NONFICTION MFA program, you will need to submit the following:
- ONLINE APPLICATION, with application fee
- SELF-ASSESSMENT ESSAY: Your essay should describe your background, your interests in studying literary nonfiction at Columbia College Chicago, the kinds of work you see yourself pursuing, and why an MFA program in Nonfiction is the best course of action for you right now.
- THREE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- An OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from any and all colleges/universities attended
- WORK SAMPLE:
20-30 pages of nonfiction prose, consisting of at least two samples of
work from applicant. These should be creative, not critical essays.
Submissions should be typed and double-spaced.
PLEASE NOTE: You'll be prompted to upload a .pdf or .doc copy of your work sample from within the online application only after you've submitted the application for admission and paid the application fee.
- The GRE EXAM is recommended but not required
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must submit all of the above materials, as well as an official TOEFL score and a credential evaluation. Additional documents are required of admitted students. Please visit our International Students page for more information.