When applying to the PHOTOGRAPHY MFA program, you will need to submit the following:
- ONLINE APPLICATION, with application fee.
- SELF-ASSESSMENT ESSAY: Please provide an outline of your professional and personal goals and indicate how this degree will help you reach them.
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- An OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from any and all colleges or universities attended
- WORK SAMPLE: Applicants must upload a portfolio of twenty images of original work. Each slide should be tagged with the following information: Full Name, Title of Work, Medium, Dimensions, and Date.
WORK SAMPLE SUBMISSION METHOD: Portfolios are submitted online at columgrad.slideroom.com.*
For good image quality and fast upload, your image files should be
sized around 1024x768 pixels at 72 dpi. Permitted file types and size
> IMAGES: .jpg, .png, .gif — 5 MB per file maximum
> PDF DOCS: .pdf — 10 MB per file maximum
Our Slideroom portal offers additional instructions for submitting work, including a very helpful video tutorial. For technical assistance, visit slideroom.zendesk.com.
*SlideRoom charges users a $10 transaction fee. By using SlideRoom, applicants avoid the expense of copying and mailing their work samples and avoid the risk of corrupted files, lost mail, broken discs, or cross-platform issues. Additionally, applicants can rest assured that the Graduate Committee on Admissions will experience their portfolio exactly how they intended.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must submit all of the above materials, as well as an official TOEFL score and a credential evaluation. Additional documents are required of admitted students. Please visit our International Students page for more information.