The Peoples Cook
The Peoples Cook will take on Chicago for a 2-week residency hosted by CCAP from September 27 - October 11, 2012. Inviting audiences to feed and be fed, The Peoples Cook encourages participants to take an active role in an exchange of food, stories, and recipes. Based in Minneapolis/St. Paul, The Peoples Cook tours the nation, bringing the funny to foodie in cities throughout the country with the goal of reconnecting food, culture, and art. Working in diverse communities, The Peoples Cook creates cross-cultural, interdisciplinary, participatory arts activities, incoorporating local artists and community members to sustain dynamic community engagement. Follow the revolution via Twitter (@ThePeoplesCook) and stay up to date on all of the workshops, events, and happenings during the residency!
Join The Revolution of The Peoples Cook in Chicago! Open events include:
- "Water Taste-Test" at the Glenwood Sunday Market on Sunday, September 30th from 9:00am - 12:00pm located at 1448 W. Morse Ave.
- "LGBTQ Feed and Be Fed Taco Bar" for Columbia students on Friday, October 5th from 6:00pm - 10:00pm located at 623 S. Wabash
- Community BBQ in Pilsen's Dvorak Park with Pros Arts Studio on Saturday, October 6th from 11:00am - 2:00pm located at 1119 W. Cullterton St.
- Community BBQ in Englewood's Hamilton Park with the Englewood Cultural Planning Council on Wednesday, October 10th from 5:00pm - 8:00pm located at 513 E. 72nd St.
Our Partners are instrumental in making this residency a success. Partners include:
- The National Performance Network
- The City of Chicago
- The Kresge Foundation
- Illinois Arts Council
- Pros Arts Studio
- Neighborhood Writing Alliance
- Sullivan High School
- Estrella Negra
- Englewood Cultural Planning Council
For More Information contact Paul Teruel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.369.8871. To find our more about The Peoples Cook see ThePeoplesCook.org.