Columbia College Chicago Assembly
The Columbia College Chicago Assembly is an information sharing body, a think tank, empowering the college community through knowledge, dialogue and counsel. The Assembly provides opportunities for a shared voice on significant issues, both internal and external, that have impact on the College. The College Assembly will consist, at a minimum, of one presentation followed by an in-depth, lively discussion of the topic. All attendees will be encouraged to participate in the conversation in an effort to reach mutual understanding.
Have a topic you wish Columbia would discuss? Email the Columbia College Chicago Assembly Presiding Committee at email@example.com.
Next Assembly:Columbia College Chicago Sexual Assault Resource Panel
Wednesday, April 30
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
618 S. Michigan Ave., 2nd Floor
A panel discussion on the College's sexual assault resources with Columbia's Title IX Officer and representatives from Student Relations, Counseling Services, Residence Life, and Campus Safety & Security.
The Presiding Committee of the Assembly represents the constituencies of the Columbia College Chicago community, and is responsible for planning, executing and moderating each Assembly as well as disseminating information to the college community. Assemblies may result in recommendations to the College Administration concerning policy and procedure, if deemed appropriate by the Presiding Committee.
- Abby Cress, student representative
- Hope Daniels (non-voting)
- Theodore Harwood (committee staff)
- Kirk Irwin, part-time faculty representative
- Louise Love (non-voting, ex-officio)
- Susan Padveen, faculty representative (committee co-chair)
- Carol Rozansky, chair representative
- Louis Silverstein, faculty representative (committee chair)
- Lauren Targ, staff representative
- Kara Vana, student representative
- Kimberly Weatherly, staff representative
- Etta Worthington, part-time faculty representative
The Assembly was approved as the successor to the former College Council by a vote at the final Council meeting on November 4, 2011. The academic functions and tasks of the Council were assumed by the Faculty Senate.