ShopColumbia: Our Student Art Store
Shopping at ShopColumbia doesn’t just get you amazing and original student designs – it also enhances the lives and educations of so many of our student artists. Proceeds from sales at ShopColumbia contribute to vital scholarship funds while also generating income for the artists – so far, ShopColumbia artists have earned over $60,000 from the sale of their work! The store itself is an extension of the classroom and a laboratory for experimentation, a professional environment in which students learn about retail operations, marketing and selling their work.
There are so many ways in which you can give to Columbia, and ShopColumbia is a fun and direct way to benefit our artists. Plus, you go home with something cool!
Support our students. Support Columbia. ShopColumbia.
- ShopColumbia celebrated it’s one year anniversary on October 16, 2009.
- Proceeds from sales benefit artists through income, scholarship and developing future marketing and learning initiatives.
- Since opening, ShopColumbia artists have earned over $60,000 from the sale of their work.
- 180 students and 40 alumni currently have their work consigned at ShopColumbia.
- ShopColumbia was awarded a Silver by the NASPA 2009 Excellence Awards in the category of Careers, Academic Support, Service-Learning, and Community Service. The Excellence Awards recognizes excellence and innovation in Student Affairs programs and initiatives.
- ShopColumbia has collaborated with the following academic departments: AEMM’s Retail Management for development of the ShopColumbia business plan, AEMM’s Fashion Management to produce the 2009 Holiday Market, AEMMP Records, and Art & Design’s Product Design 5 class to design a mobile store for ShopColumbia.
Hours: M, T, W, F 11am-5pm and Th 11am-7pm.
Visit the ShopColumbia website.