ShopColumbia: Our Student Art Store
Shopping at ShopColumbia doesn’t just get you amazing and original student designs—it also enhances the lives and educations of so many of our student artists. Proceeds from sales at ShopColumbia contribute to vital scholarship funds while also generating income for the artists—so far, ShopColumbia artists have earned over $60,000 from the sale of their work! The store itself is an extension of the classroom and a laboratory for experimentation, a professional environment in which students learn about retail operations, and marketing and selling their work.
There are so many ways in which you can give to Columbia, and ShopColumbia is a fun and direct way to benefit our artists. Plus, you go home with something cool!
Support our students. Support Columbia. ShopColumbia.
- ShopColumbia celebrated its one year anniversary on October 16, 2009.
- Proceeds from sales benefit artists through income, scholarship, and developing future marketing and learning initiatives.
- Since opening, ShopColumbia artists have earned over $60,000 from the sale of their work.
- 180 students and 40 alumni currently have their work consigned at ShopColumbia.
- ShopColumbia was awarded a Silver by the NASPA 2009 Excellence Awards in the category of Careers, Academic Support, Service-Learning, and Community Service. The Excellence Awards recognizes excellence and innovation in Student Affairs programs and initiatives.
- ShopColumbia has collaborated with the following academic departments: AEMM’s Retail Management for development of the ShopColumbia business plan, AEMM’s Fashion Management to produce the 2009 Holiday Market, AEMMP Records, and Art & Design’s Product Design 5 class to design a mobile store for ShopColumbia.
Hours: M, T, W, F 11am-5pm and Th 11am-7pm.
Visit the ShopColumbia website.