Managing Your Award
After you receive a grant, you must abide by the requirements outlined in the award letter, agreement, or contract. These may include:
- Reporting requirements and deadlines
- Acknowledgement requirements
- Budget requirements
- Notification requirements if the project, personnel, or budget change
- Foundation grant officer to contact with further questions
Step 1: Send award letter, grant agreement and/or contract to:
- Director of Foundation and Government Grants, Office of Institutional Advancement
- Manager of Foundation and Government Grants, Office of Institutional Advancement
Step 2: Send check and project account number to:
- Advancement Services Manager, Office of Institutional Advancement
- Associate Controller, Restricted Funds, Office of Accounting
Step 3: Set up your project account.
If the grant is in support of a new project, set up an account number on IRIS:
- Go to IRIS website.
- On the left, under Departments, click “Controller.”
- On the left, under Departments, click “Accounting.”
- On the left, under General Ledger, click “General Ledger Code Requests.”
- Fill out the form. Attach the grant award letter and/or grant agreement. Click on “Submit.”
- The Accounting Department will be notified of your project and contact you with the account number, further instructions, and budget issues.
Step 4: Submit report to funder by the deadline. Funders often require mid-year and/or final reports.
Step 5: Submit PDF of report to the Grants Office. Please make PDFs of all reports and email them to the Manager of Foundation and Government Grants, Office of Institutional Advancement.