Fiction Writing Chair's Scholarship
for continuing undergraduate students
The Fiction Writing Chair's Scholarship was established to assist academically promising undergraduate Fiction Writing majors who have financial impediments to completing their final year or semester of school.
Deadline to Apply: February 01,
We are no longer accepting applications for this year.
The Fiction Writing Chair's Scholarship is open to:
Award based on:
- Undergraduate students who have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours and Prose Forms by the end of Spring 2013
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher, and a minimum GPA of 3.2 within the major
- Students who demonstrate outstanding achievement
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Academic merit and financial need
Notification of the award:
- Maximum of $2000 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by mail by March 31, 2013. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends - 312/369-3202 or email@example.com