Frances Hayes Screenwriters Award
for continuing undergraduate students
The Frances Hayes Screenwriters Award was established to provide financial assistance to a current screenwriting student at junior or senior level, as well as recognize the best "amateur" screenwriter and give him/her a first step into screenwriting as a profession. This award is based on academic achievement and distinguished creative ability in Screenwriting. The maximum award amount is a $1240 stipend for the Spring 2014 semester.
Deadline to Apply: March 07,
The Frances Hayes Screenwriters Award is open to:
Award based on:
- Undergraduate Cinema Art + Science majors with a concentration in Screenwriting
- Students at junior or senior level status who have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours by the close of the Spring 2014 semester
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who are able to submit an unpublished screenplay
- International students may apply
- Academic merit and artistic achievement
Notification of the award:
- Maximum of $1240 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 31, 2014. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends - 312/369-3202 or firstname.lastname@example.org