Joan and Irving Harris Scholar Award
for incoming and continuing undergraduate students
The Joan and Irving Harris Scholar Award was established to recognize outstanding intended and declared Early Childhood Education majors with a concentration in Teacher Certification.
Deadlines to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications for this year.
The Joan and Irving Harris Scholar Award is open to:
Award based on:
Renewable award amount:
- Continuing students who are full-time Early Childhood Education majors with a concentration in Teacher Certification
- Incoming students with an intended major in Early Childhood Education with a concentration in Teacher Certification. Priority consideration is given to students who have a completed Admissions application, including supporting documents, received by the Undergraduate Admissions Office by February 1, 2013
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
Notification of the award:
- Up to $5,000 (half awarded in Fall 2013 and half awarded in Spring 2014)
- Recipients will be notified by the scholarship committee by mail by March 31, 2013. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends - 312/369-3202 or firstname.lastname@example.org