John Fischetti Scholarship
for continuing undergraduate and graduate students
The John Fischetti Scholarship was established by the friends and colleagues of political cartoonist John Fischetti as a continuing tribute to his extraordinary talent. The scholarship is awarded annually to outstanding undergraduate and graduate Journalism students.
Deadlines to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications for this year.
The John Fischetti Scholarship is open to:
Award based on:
- Full- or part-time undergraduate and graduate students
- Undergraduate students who began college at Columbia must have completed at least 2 semesters; students who have transferred to Columbia must have completed at least 1 semester
- Students who have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in Journalism
- Students who demonstrate outstanding achievement in print or broadcast journalism, photojournalism, editorial art, or political cartooning
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Notification of the award:
- Academic merit and financial need
- Service in student's specialty (i.e. internships, contributions to student publications/media)
- All Graduate applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by mail by January 25, 2013. All Undergraduate applicants will be notified by mail by March 31, 2013. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Journalism Department - 312/369-8900 or email@example.com