Make a Dent Scholarship
for incoming and continuing undergraduate students
The Make a Dent Scholarship was established to recognize an outstanding intended or declared Sports Management student who has demonstrated academic and/or athletic excellence, and has demonstrated financial need.
Deadlines to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications for this year.
The Make a Dent Scholarship is open to:
- Students who have enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time student in the Sports Management concentration of the Arts, Entertainment and Media Management department
- Incoming students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at current school
- Continuing students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who have demonstrated a commitment to the field of Sports Management
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by January 15, 2013
- Incoming freshman and transfer students must have a completed Admissions application that is received by the Undergraduate Admissions Office by January 15, 2013
Please Note: It is not necessary to have been accepted to Columbia at the time you apply for this scholarship.
Award based on:
- Academic merit, commitment to the field of Sports management, and financial need
Notification of the award:
- Maximum of $5,000 ($2,500 awarded in Fall and $2,500 awarded in Spring)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by mail by March 15, 2013. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends, 312/369-3202 or email@example.com