for incoming students
The Poetry Scholarship was established to recognize the outstanding potential of an incoming freshman or transfer student who is interested in the Poetry program, and to assist him or her in paying tuition and fee expenses.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship has passed. We are no longer accepting applications.
The Poetry Scholarship is open to:
- Incoming freshmen or transfer students who intend to study poetry and plan to enter for the first time in Fall 2013
- Students able to submit creative samples of work in poetry
- Students who have a completed Admissions file that is received by the Undergraduate Admissions Office before January 15, 2013
- Students who understand they must register for a Poetry Workshop during their first year of enrollment
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
Please Note: It is not necessary to have been accepted to Columbia at the time you apply for this scholarship.
Award based on:
Amount of one-year award:
- Academic achievement
- Demonstration of talent, ability, or accomplishment in poetry
Notification of the award:
- $1,500 ($750 awarded in Fall 2013 and $750 awarded in Spring 2014)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by mail by March 15, 2013. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends - 312/369-3202 or firstname.lastname@example.org