Ventra U-Pass Information
Below, you’ll find some general information to help you become familiar with your new Ventra U-Pass
- To activate your Ventra U-Pass, call 877-450-5328
- Ventra Customer Service website is www.transitchicago.com/upass, 877-NOW-VENT/866-669-8368
- Your Ventra U-Pass provides unlimited rides on the CTA during your enrollment as a full-time student
- You will no longer need to obtain a new Ventra U-Pass every semester
- As long as you’re enrolled full-time in school, your Ventra U-Pass privileges will be loaded onto your card automatically
IMPORTANT: Things to know about your Ventra U-Pass:
- Your Ventra U-Pass will remain your Ventra U-Pass as long as you are enrolled as a student. Make sure you do not lose it!
- If you do lose your Ventra U-Pass, the fee to replace your Ventra U-Pass is $50. If you lose your card more than once, Ventra may revoke your Ventra U-Pass privileges. Again, hold onto that card!
- When tapping your card on the card reader, be sure it is separate from all other debit, credit, or bank cards. The new card readers allow for the use of smart cards so it can read and pull money from any smart card. It is important the reader is only reading your Ventra U-Pass.
Add full fare passes and transit value to your Ventra U-Pass:
- Use on the CTA when school is not in session or when you do not qualify as a full-time student
- Use on Pace year-round
- Your Ventra U-Pass is good for five years, and your transit account will stay active when you’re not in school
How do I obtain my Ventra U-Pass?
Students who are registered full-time and are receiving a Ventra U-Pass card for the first time must attend Ventra U-Pass distribution on one of the days listed below to obtain a Ventra U-Pass. Depending on volume this should only take about 10-15 minutes.
- Wednesday, January 22 9AM-6PM at 33 East Congress Pkwy 5th Floor
- Thursday, January 23 9AM-6PM at 33 East Congress Pkwy 5th Floor
- Friday, January 24 9AM-6PM at 33 East Congress Pkwy 5th Floor
Requirements to Pick Up Your Ventra U-Pass
- You must have a valid Campus Card (Student ID) to order or pick up your Ventra U-Pass.
- Only full-time students are eligible for a Ventra U-Pass. Full-time status is defined as 12 credit hours or more for undergraduates and 9 credit hours or more for graduate students.
- Continuing Students who already received a Ventra U-Pass during Fall and who are registered full time for Spring will have their Ventra U-Pass benefit re-activated and ready for use on January 22nd, 2014. Students who register after the 22nd, will have their Ventra U-Pass benefit reactivated the following business day.
- Continuing Students who have enrolled full time for the first time and are now eligible for a Ventra U-Pass will need to attend one of the Ventra U-Pass Distribution days to secure a Ventra U-Pass. New Freshmen Students who are registered full time must come to one of the Ventra U-Pass distribuation days to confirm your eligibility and receive a Ventra U-Pass.
- If you drop below full-time enrollment during the add/drop period on or before February 8, 2014 or completely withdraw from classes during the fall semester, you are not eligible for the Ventra U-Pass, per the agreement between Columbia College and the CTA. An email will be sent to your Loop email account notifying you of the deactivation. Please be sure you are prepared to cover your public transportation costs or make other transportation arrangements if you drop below full-time enrollment.
Using your Ventra U-Pass
- Before using your Ventra U-Pass you need to activate your card. To activate your Ventra U-Pass you can call 1-877-450-5328. The automated response system will ask for your name, oasis ID number and the Ventra Card number located on the back of the card.
- You can start using your Ventra U-Pass Wednesday, January 22, 2014 (five days before the start of the spring semester). If you use the card prior to Wednesday, the card will be disabled. The spring Ventra U-Pass expires on Thursday, May 22, 2014 (five days after the end of the semester).
- In the event that your Ventra U-Pass is lost, stolen, or defective, follow the Ventra U-Pass replacement instructions below to request a replacement card.
UPass Not Offered
Lost or Stolen Ventra U-Pass:
- If your Ventra card is lost or stolen, visit the Campus Card Office to request a new card.
- A nonrefundable $50 fee must be paid to receive a replacement Ventra U-Pass.
- To pay with a credit card, click here.
- To pay with cash, visit the cashier window, 600 South Michigan Ave 3rd Floor.
- Bring the receipt to the Campus Card Office.
- Allow a minimum of 5 business days for delivery. You will be notified at your Columbia Loop email account when your Ventra card is available for pick up at the campus card office.
Defective Ventra U-Pass:
If your Ventra U-Pass card is not working:
- Call the Ventra U-Pass activation phone number at 877-450-5328, press 0 to skip the automated message and speak to a Ventra agent. Ask the agent to confirm whether your Ventra Card has been activated. The Ventra agent will require your 16 digit Ventra Card number located on the back of the card, your name and Oasis ID. If your card has not been activated, the Ventra agent will activate it and you may use it immediately.
- If you card does not work after it has been activated, bring the card to the Ventra Customer Service Office, 165 North Jefferson, at the corner of Jefferson and Lake St. Hours: Monday – Friday 8AM to 4:30PM.
- Ventra will determine whether the card is defective on site. If the card is defective, Ventra will issue a Defective Card form to you stating card is defective, issue a temporary pass and waive the $50 replacement fee.
- You must bring the Defective Card form to the Campus Card Office to request a new Ventra U-Pass card.
- Allow a minimum 5 business days for delivery.
Ventra U-Pass FAQs
- Click here for Ventra U-Pass Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here to access the Ventra Chicago FAQ