Only full-time students are eligible for a U-PASS
. Full-time status
is defined as 12 credit hours or more for undergraduates and 9 credit hours or more for graduate students.
If you drop below full-time enrollment during the add/drop period
on or before February 9th or completely withdraw from classes during the fall semester, you are not eligible for the U-Pass, per the agreement between Columbia College and the CTA. An email will be sent to your Loop
email account notifying you of the deactivation. Please be sure you are prepared to cover your public transportation costs or make other transportation arrangements if you drop below full-time enrollment.
for U-Pass Frequently Asked Questions
Distribution Dates: August 29 and September 3, from 9AM to 6PM at 33 East Congress Pkwy, 1st Floor
Requirements to Pick Up Your U-Pass
- Make sure you have a valid Campus Card (Student ID) when you pick up your U-Pass.
- You must be registered for full-time by August 1, 2013 and have a Columbia ID photo on file at the college in order to have a pre-printed U-Pass available for pick up on the distribution dates stated above. Full-time enrollment is defined as 12 hours or more for Undergrads and 9 hours or more for Graduate students.
- Students who register for full-time after August 1, 2013 -- The CTA will be on campus two days only, August 29 and September 3rd, to issue a U-Pass to students who registered for full-time enrollment after August 1, 2013. This is your only opportunity to receive your U-Pass before the start of the fall semester. Students who miss this date must request a Late Issue U-Pass at the Campus Card Office. Please visit the Contact Us web page for our office hours.
Using your U-Pass
- You can start using your U-Pass Thursday, August 29, 2013 (five days before the start of the fall semester). Prior to Thursday, the card will be captured by the CTA farecard reader. The fall U-Pass expires on Thursday, December 19, 2013 (five days after the end of the semester).
- In the event that your U-Pass is lost, stolen, or defective, visit the U-Pass replacement page for instructions to receive a replacement.