Ways to Make a Payment to Columbia
The following are accepted methods to make out-of-pocket payments:
ACCESS TO CCCPAY
to access the system simply login to the Oasis Portal
and select the link Online Payment and Billing/CCCPay located on the Student Financial Services page.Authorized Payers (parent, spouse, guardian, third party) -
to access CCCPay, go to your Authorized Payer Login page
. Please be aware that you must be signed up by your student to access the system as an Authorized Payer. Please go to Authorized Payer
for more information.
for instructions on how to disable your pop-up blocker.
CCCPay Online Payment Options
Online E-check payment - One of the best features in CCCPay is the ability to make secure online payments that automatically debit a checking or savings account. To make an online payment via check, simply select "Make Payment" on the navigation bar of the CCCPay website and follow the directions on the screen. When an online payment is made by the student or an Authorized Payer, the payer receives a receipt via email with a confirmation number. All student emails are sent to your Columbia email account. Payments are posted to the student's account within one business day of the transaction.
Online credit card payment
- To pay by credit card select "Make a Payment" on the navigation bar and select credit card. Credit card use on CCCPay is limited to Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. All credit cards payments require an additional service fee of 2.75% of the payment amount and will appear as a separate line item on your credit card statement. To view a record of online payments made to your account, select "Payment History" on the navigation bar. If you are an authorized payer
, you will only be able to view the online payments that you have made.
Payment by mail -- Personal Check or Money Order
To pay by personal check or money order, write the student ID number (located next to the student’s name on the bill) on the front of the check or money order. Print a copy of the bill from CCCPay
by selecting the PDF icon on the "View Accounts" screen. Mail the bill and payment to:
Columbia College Chicago
Student Financial Services
600 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
Payment at Cashier
Cash and check payments only are accepted at the cashier window, located at 600 S. Michigan Avenue, 3rd floor. Credit card payments are not accepted at the cashier but may be submitted online through CCCPay.
Payment by a Third-Party Sponsor
To have part or all of your student account paid by your sponsor, you must complete and return the Third-Party Benefit Release Form prior to the start of each Academic Year. You or your sponsor must also provide the appropriate letter of authorization prior to the start of each semester the benefit will be utilized.
Student Financial Services also provides with the option to set up your sponsor as an Authorized Payer, giving them direct access to your billing statements and payment options.
Examples of a Third-Party Benefit Sponsor:
- Veterans’ Benefit (all branches and programs)
- State Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Out of State Grant
- Parent’s Employer
SFS will bill all third-party sponsors, for which we have a completed Third-Party Benefit Release Form, after the add drop period has passed. The billing is based on your balance at that time and the instructions / limitations indicated on the letter of authorization.
An estimate of the amount to be received is added to your Financial Aid Award once billing has been completed, but your sponsor ultimately determines the actual amount to be paid.
Payment is normally received within 6 - 8 weeks of the bill and is released to your Student Account immediately upon receipt. If this payment pays your account in full any Account Maintenance Fees incurred while waiting on the third-party funds to arrive, will be reversed.
It remains your responsibility to pay for any charges not authorized by your sponsor and Account Maintenance Fees and Registration Holds will apply.
To ensure priority billing once the add/drop period has passed, both the Third-Party Benefit Release Form and Letter of Authority must be submitted by:
- Fall 2013 - Friday 23rd August, 2013.
- Spring 2014 - Friday 17th January, 2014.
- Summer 2014 - Friday 16th May, 2014.
Payment by Wire Transfer
Funds must be in US Dollars.
Contact either Vivian Hernandez (312-369-7389 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Odessa Simms (312-369-7437 or email@example.com) in the Accounting Department at Columbia College to obtain Wiring Instructions.
The Wiring Information provided by your bank must
include your Full Name and Oasis Number as part of the Transfer Notification to ensure prompt posting of your funds to your Student Account.
Payers are required to provide the following:
- Student Name and ID number.
- Payment Type: Tuition, Housing Pre-Payment, Application Fee or Conformation Deposit.
Non-tuition payments may be paid online:
for the online Payment Form.
- Undergraduate Application Fee - $35
- Graduate Confirmation Deposit - $450
- Graduate Deferral Deposit - $300
- International Undergraduate Application Fee - $100
- Diploma Duplication Fee – (view link on payment webpage for rates)
- Transcript Fee – (view link on payment webpage for rates)
- Credit Equivalency Application Fee - $100 * Library Fine
- Film Dept developing fee – (see Film Dept for rates)
- Photo Dept developing fee – (see Photo Dept for rates)