Group Advising for First-year Film & Video Students
When: March 4-15
Where: College Advising Center, 623 S. Wabash Ave., suite 300
Time: See below.
Facilitator: Kamillah Ong
Schedule before March 1, 2013 for best availability. Space is limited.
ALL first-year students are expected to meet with their assigned college advisor in their first year. Kamillah Ong’s advisees can fulfill the First-year Advising Expectation by attending an assigned Group Advising session. You can also schedule an individual appointment with Kamillah if appointments are available.
Group Advising covers essential information for first-year Film & Video students in any concentration. During Group Advising, you’ll get ready for fall 2013 registration, go over your academic plan, and learn about advising resources at Columbia.
Schedule your Group Advising Session Today
To accommodate as many students as possible, you’ll receive assigned Group Advising dates by Columbia Loopmail. Follow the steps below to schedule your Group Advising session:
- Check your Columbia Loop email for your assigned Group Advising dates. There may be alternate dates available.
- With a Group Advising Date in mind, call the College Advising Center (CAC) at 312 369 7645 to secure your spot. Or, come to the CAC (623 S. Wabash Ave., suite 300) to schedule in person.
- Request to schedule a Film Group Advising session with your college advisor, Kamillah Ong.
- Monday, March 4, 2:00-3:00PM
- Tuesday, March 5, 2:00-3:00PM
- Wednesday, March 6, 3:00-4:00PM
- Friday, March 8, 12:00-1:00PM
- Monday, March 11, 2:00-3:00PM
- Tuesday, March 12, 2:00-3:00PM
- Wednesday, March 13, 2:00-3:00PM
- Friday, March 15, 12:00-1:00PM
- If you prefer an individual appointment, you can schedule an appointment with Kamillah through Oasis by clicking the “Make Appointments” tab, then selecting “Columbia Advising Center,” if appointments are available. As it gets later in the semester, appointments fill quickly and no appointments are available during registration.
You can modify or cancel your session or appointment up to 24 hours before the session occurs. Please respect other students and your college advisor by honoring your confirmed session. For best availability, schedule before March 1.
Student Learning Outcomes
After participating in a Group Advising session, students will be able to:
- Understand your advising resources.
- Access advising tools in Oasis, including the Advising Guide and Course Catalog, to develop an academic plan.
- Understand overall, Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS), major, and concentration requirements.
- Differentiate between the Bachelor of Arts degree in Film & Video with and without a concentration.
- Decide what classes to take in future semesters.
You can verify your assigned college advisor through the “Academic Record” link on the “Students” tab of Oasis.
Kamillah Ong, College Advisor for Film & Video
General, Animation, Documentary, Sound for Cinema, Post Production
College Advising Center
623 S. Wabash, Suite 300
312 369 7645