African-American Cultural Affairs
Visit the African-American Cultural Affairs office. We coordinate a variety of programs that will enhance your education at Columbia College Chicago. You will find information on grants, scholarships, internships, part-time employment, and we have a small reference library focusing on multicultural issues.
Take me to the Calendar
On our site there is a listing of African American Student Organizations to encourage and promote student involvement!
The Office of African American Affairs also:
- Provides programs and activities that assist students in making a successful transition to the Columbia campus environment
- Provides innovative programming initiatives that increase the academic success and graduation rate of racial/ethnic students
- Advocates in the interest of racial/ethnic students in the areas of personal, academic, social, and cultural development
- Provides students with opportunities that help them develop academically and socially by offering programs and services in self and cultural identity, leadership, career exploration, and future-oriented goal
- Works in conjunction with admissions to recruit minority students
- Initiates and strengthens organizations that concentrate on the development of African American students
We also provide scholarships which can be accessed by clicking here.
If you would like to receive our e-newsletter to stay informed please click here.
There are no upcoming events at this time. For more events, check Columbia Events.