Online Instructional Fellowship
Applications Due: April 4, 2014 by 5:00 pmOnline Instructional Fellowship Request for Proposals
Online Instructional Fellowships guide and support faculty through the process of developing online courses based upon existing face-to-face courses they currently teach. The online courses that result from this fellowship are not intended to replace face-to-face courses but to enhance and increase learning opportunities for Columbia students.
Up to 6 proposals will be funded at $1500 per faculty member.
- May 22, 2014 (10am - 3pm): Mandatory Fellows Retreat (Please note: We consider the CiTE Fellows Retreat to be an important part of the fellowship experience; thus attendance at the Retreat is required of all Fellows. Failure to participate in the Retreat will result in a significant reduction in the fellowship stipend amount.)
- May 2014 - May 2015: Fellowship period with mandatory scheduled monthly meetings
- April - May 2015: Fellowship Assessment Period
In addition to fully developing an online course that is designed to achieve the learning objectives and outcomes consistent with an existing face-to-face class, all Fellows will also be required to:
- Communicate with CiTE staff and attend scheduled online course development meetings during the Fellowship Period
- Successfully complete Introduction to Online Instruction (Online) Course
- Facilitate Getting Started in Moodle Online Course as a Mentor
- Work closely with Senior Fellow Faculty Mentors
- Successfully develop and design an online course based upon an existing face-to-face class
- Serve as technology resource (conduct or assist with online and/or face to face workshops) and CiTE Liaison to home Department
- Submit project assessment and digital materials as required by the CiTE
- Present fellowship process and results to Department and/or Academic School
For additional information, please contact David Noffs (firstname.lastname@example.org). We encourage questions; please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or ideas you may have.
The Online Instructional Fellowship is open to any part-time or full-time Columbia College faculty member with established competency using the Moodle LMS. Proposals must be endorsed by the Department Chair or Director and School Dean. All fellows must be available to attend the mandatory Fellows Retreat on May 22, 2014. Please do not apply at this time if you cannot be available on that date.
Application and Submission Information
2014 – 2015 Review Cycle
Friday, April 4, 2014: Completed applications due by 5:00pm
Monday, May 5, 2014: Applicants notified
Friday, May 9, 2014: Fellows announced at annual Academic Affairs soirée
Friday, May 16, 2014: Written acceptance of fellowship due
Thursday, May 22, 2014: CiTE Fellows Retreat (Note: We consider the CiTE Fellows Retreat to be an important part of the fellowship experience; thus attendance at the Retreat is required of all Fellows. Failure to participate in the Retreat will result in a significant reduction in the stipend amount.)
CiTE Faculty Fellowships are highly competitive. Please read all instructions carefully.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
In our ongoing pursuit of environmental sustainability, all CiTE Fellowship applications must be submitted as one complete .PDF document uploaded to the CiTE Fellowships page in Moodle by 5pm on Friday, April 4, 2014. (Information about how to combine multiple .PDF documents into one .PDF document can be found here). Applicants will also be prompted to fill out an online form on Moodle.
How to Apply
- Download the full CiTE Fellowship Cover Page and Request for Proposals for full application instructions.
- When you are ready to submit your application, go to lms.colum.edu (You can also access Moodle from the Faculty & Staff web page (http://www.colum.edu/faculty_and_staff.php))
- Log-in to Moodle with your OASIS ID# and password.
- Under “Course Categories,” click on Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence
- Click on CiTE Fellowships
- Find the Fellowship category for which you are applying and follow the instructions provided