All CiTE fellowships proposals are due via CiTE Fellowships page on Moodle by 5pm on ***MONDAY, April 7, 2014*** (new deadline, extended from Friday, April 4, 2014)
Innovation Fellowship Request for Proposals
Innovation Fellowships enable teams of faculty and staff members to explore new and creative ways to develop collaborative projects that will promote and enhance the use of technology in teaching and curriculum development.
Up to 5 proposals will be funded at $2000 per faculty or staff member ($4000 per team).
The Innovation Fellowship supports teams of two colleagues in researching, exploring, and developing new and creative ways to enhance the use of technology in teaching and curriculum development that meets a critical need on campus. For additional information and examples of past Innovation projects, see videos and the Innovation Fellows Gallery link below.
As an Innovation Fellow, you will research, explore and develop new and creative ways to enhance the use of technology in teaching and curriculum development. Check out what last year's fellows said about their experience in the program:
- May 22, 2014 (10am - 3pm): Mandatory Fellows Retreat (Please note: We consider the CiTE Fellows Retreat to be an important part of the fellowship experience; thus attendance at the Retreat is required of all Fellows. Failure to participate in the Retreat will result in a significant reduction in the fellowship stipend amount.)
- June 2014 - January 2015: Fellowship period with mandatory scheduled meetings (at least 3), including a video interview
- January 2015: Fellowship Assessment Period
In addition to developing and implementing the proposed project, all fellows will also be required to:
- Communicate with—and gain approval from—Department Chair(s) and other chief stakeholders regarding fellowship implementation.
- Communicate with CiTE staff and attend scheduled meetings to relay progress of fellowship
- Present fellowship process and results to Department and/or Academic School.
- Serve as technology resource and CiTE Liaison to home Department
- Submit project assessment and digital materials and participate in video interviews for online Exhibition Space
For additional information, please contact Ashley Kennedy (email@example.com). We encourage questions; please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or ideas you may have.
The Innovation Fellowship is open to any part-time or full-time Columbia College faculty member or full-time Columbia College staff member. First time applicants strongly encouraged. Though all applications will be considered, preference will be given to applicants who have not received funding from the CiTE in the past 2 academic years. Proposals must be endorsed by the Department Chair or Director. All fellows must be available to attend the mandatory Fellows Retreat on May 22, 2014. Please do not apply at this time if you cannot be available on that date.
Application and Submission Information
2014 – 2015 Review Cycle
Friday, April 4, 2014: Completed applications due by 5:00pm
Monday, May 5, 2014: Applicants notified
Friday, May 9, 2014: Fellows announced at annual Academic Affairs soirée
Friday, May 16, 2014: Written acceptance of fellowship due
Thursday, May 22, 2014: CiTE Fellows Retreat (Note: We consider the CiTE Fellows Retreat to be an important part of the fellowship experience; thus attendance at the Retreat is required of all Fellows. Failure to participate in the Retreat will result in a significant reduction in the stipend amount.)
CiTE Faculty Fellowships are highly competitive. Please read all instructions carefully.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
In our ongoing pursuit of environmental sustainability, all CiTE Fellowship applications must be submitted as one complete .PDF document uploaded to the CiTE Fellowships page in Moodle by 5pm on Friday, April 4, 2014. (Information about how to combine multiple .PDF documents into one .PDF document can be found here). Applicants will also be prompted to fill out an online form on Moodle.
How to Apply
- Download the CiTE Fellowship cover sheet and Innovation Fellowship Request for Proposals for full application instructions.
- When you are ready to submit your application, go to lms.colum.edu (You can also access Moodle from the Faculty & Staff web page (http://www.colum.edu/faculty_and_staff.php))
- Log-in to Moodle with your OASIS ID# and password.
- Under “Course Categories,” click on Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence
- Click on CiTE Fellowships
- Find the Fellowship category for which you are applying and follow the instructions provided