Applications Due: April 12, 2013 by 5:00pm
Moodle Fellowships enable faculty members to identify best practices in the area of online course management and make these methods available to colleagues through workshops and the development of training materials.
Up to 10 proposals will be funded at $1500 per faculty member.
- May 23, 2013 (10am - 3pm): Mandatory Fellowship Orientation meeting
- September 2013 - May 2014: Fellowship period with mandatory scheduled meetings (at least 3)
- Assessment Date: TBA
In addition to serving as a resource in their department for the productive use of online learning tools at Columbia, all Fellows will also be required to:
- Communicate with CiTE staff and attend scheduled meetings to relay progress of fellowship (at least 3 meetings) during the Fellowship Period
- Compile digital documentation of best online teaching practices
- Present fellowship process and results to Department and/or Academic School
- Serve as technology resource (conduct or assist with online and/or face to face workshops) and CiTE Liaison to home Department
- Submit project assessment and digital materials and participate in video interviews for online Exhibition Space
For additional information, please contact David Noffs (firstname.lastname@example.org). We encourage questions; please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or ideas you may have.
The Moodle Fellowship is open to any part-time or full-time Columbia College Chicago faculty member. First time applicants strongly encouraged. Though all applications will be considered, preference will be given to applicants who have not received funding from the CiTE in the past 2 academic years. All fellows must be available to attend the mandatory Fellowship Orientation meeting on May 23, 2013. Please do not apply at this time if you cannot be available on that date.
Application and Submission Information
2013 – 2014 Review Cycle
Friday, April 12, 2013: Completed applications due by 5:00pm
Monday, May 6, 2013: Applicants notified
Friday, May 10, 2013: Fellows announced at annual Academic Affairs soirée
Friday, May 17, 2013: Written acceptance of fellowship due
CiTE Faculty Fellowships are highly competitive. Please read all instructions carefully.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
In our ongoing pursuit of environmental sustainability, all CiTE Fellowship applications must be submitted as one complete .PDF document uploaded to the CiTE Fellowships page in Moodle by 5pm on Friday, April 12, 2013. (Information about how to combine multiple .PDF documents into one .PDF document can be found here). Applicants will also be prompted to fill out an online form on Moodle.
How to Apply
- Download the CiTE Fellowship cover sheet and Request for Proposals for full application instructions.
- When you are ready to submit your application, go to lms.colum.edu (You can also access Moodle from the Faculty & Staff web page (http://www.colum.edu/faculty_and_staff.php))
- Log-in to Moodle with your OASIS ID# and password
- Under “Course Categories,” click on Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence
- Click on CiTE Fellowships
- Find the Fellowship category for which you are applying and follow the instructions provided