Virtual Learning Community Fellowship
Applications Due: April 12, 2013 by 5:00pm
Virtual Learning Community Fellowships enable faculty and staff members to develop and build online resources and communities within Moodle that provide a centralized hub for information and idea sharing across multi-section courses or within departments or programs.
Accepted proposals will be funded at $1500 per faculty or staff member.
This fellowship is designed to provide support and resources for faculty and staff members to create online resources and communities for a multi-section course or an entire department or program that meets an identified need. VLC Fellows will be able to create spaces for dialogue and interaction, as well as repositories of handouts, syllabi, multimedia resources, documentation, departmental procedures, and policies that full and part-time faculty and staff can access 24/7.
- May 23, 2013 (10am - 3pm): Mandatory Fellowship Orientation meeting
- September 2013 - May 2014: Fellowship period with mandatory scheduled meetings (at least 3)
- Assessment Date: TBA
In addition to developing and building a VLC that meets a specific departmental, school, or program need, all Fellows will also be required to:
- Communicate with CiTE staff and attend scheduled meetings to relay progress of fellowship (at least 3 meetings) during the Fellowship Period
- Align fellowship project goals with goals and mission of department or school and a clearly identified need
- Seek and receive permission for use of departmental materials as needed for the project
- Present fellowship process and results to Department and/or Academic School
- Serve as CiTE Liaison to home Department
- Submit project assessment
For additional information, please contact David Noffs (firstname.lastname@example.org). We encourage questions; please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or ideas you may have.
The VLC Fellowship is open to any part-time or full-time Columbia College faculty member or full-time Columbia College staff member. Proposals must be endorsed by the Department Chair or Director. All fellows must be available to attend the mandatory Fellowship Orientation meeting on May 23, 2013. Please do not apply at this time if you cannot be available on that date.
Application and Submission Information
2013 – 2014 Review Cycle
Friday, April 12, 2013: Completed applications due by 5:00pm
Monday, May 6, 2013: Applicants notified
Friday, May 10, 2013: Fellows announced at annual Academic Affairs soirée
Friday, May 17, 2013: Written acceptance of fellowship due
CiTE Faculty Fellowships are highly competitive. Please read all instructions carefully.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
In our ongoing pursuit of environmental sustainability, all CiTE Fellowship applications must be submitted as one complete .PDF document uploaded to the CiTE Fellowships page in Moodle by 5pm on Friday, April 12, 2013. (Information about how to combine multiple .PDF documents into one .PDF document can be found here). Applicants will also be prompted to fill out an online form on Moodle.
How to Apply
- Download the CiTE Fellowship cover sheet and Virtual Learning Community Fellowship Request for Proposals for full application instructions.
- When you are ready to submit your application, go to lms.colum.edu (You can also access Moodle from the Faculty & Staff web page (http://www.colum.edu/faculty_and_staff.php))
- Log-in to Moodle with your OASIS ID# and password.
- Under “Course Categories,” click on Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence
- Click on CiTE Fellowships
- Find the Fellowship category for which you are applying and follow the instructions provided