In order to support faculty and students who wish to create Critical Encounters programming exploring this year’s focus of Rights, Radicals, + Revolutions, the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) is offering Critical Encounters Mini-Grants for faculty members and/or departments and for student organizations and/or groups. Each single award will be for up to $500.
Rights, Radicals, + Revolutions spring 2012 applications are due by January 20, 2012, and recipients will be notified by February 3, 2012. The Critical Encounters Task Force will vet and select the recipients of the grant money. Successful applicants will need to submit a written evaluation to the CTE, including the number of attendees, no later than one week after the event or project completion.
Download the 2011-2012 Mini-Grant application here.
The Task Force is seeking the following types of applications:
1. Applications that highlight a clear connection to an already existing event (seeking of additional support for an existing, fully-funded event)
2. Applications that exhibit a new experimental and creative opportunity for faculty (events and formats not already highly represented across the college such as speakers/readers.)
Preference will be given to applications that demonstrate matching funds or some other departmental/College support. Preference will be given to applications that partner with established student and/or community groups and include a public presentation.
The Task Force seeks applications that allow for student creativity and experimentation in the generation of conversation, presentations, performances or awareness around Critical Encounters: Rights, Radicals, + Revolutions.
Preference will be given to applications that lead to collaboration between student groups and illustrate the development of a sense of community on campus. (As an example, two student groups may apply together for a single award of $1,000, as long as the budget justifies the request.) Preference will be given to applications that have ensured matching funds or some other departmental/College support.
- a completed application form.
- estimated budget (including food and or beverages if applicable).
- letters of commitment from partners.