Moodle (previously LMS) Fellows
Conducted by the Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence, the Moodle Fellows program is aimed at identifying best practices in the area of online class management, and making these methods available to other faculty members through workshops and the development of training materials.
We offer a stipend for each Moodle Fellow of $1,000.00. In return, we ask that they:
- Conduct one face to face and two online trainings per year to faculty members. We’ll provide the lab!
- Attend three meetings with CIT staff during the course of the year (beginning of the fall semester, end of fall or beginning of spring, and end of spring semester)
- Document some of their best practices for publication in print and on the web
- Serve as an LMS resource person in their department. Co-facilitate at least one online course with CIT staff per year.
It is our hope that each LMS Fellow will become a resource in their department for the productive use of online learning tools at Columbia.
To apply to be an LMS Fellow for the 2012/13 school year, please email either Lott Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David Noffs(email@example.com) after April 2nd but no later than May 4th, 2012 with the following information.
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your position at Columbia College Chicago
- What is your level of expertise in using a LMS?
- How have you incorporated the use of a LMS into your teaching style?
- What particular features of a LMS do you feel are most effective in online learning?
- Why do you think you would make a good LMS Fellow?
After reviewing applications, we will announce LMS Fellows no later than May 11th, 2012.
To see a list of current LMS Fellows and their bios, click here.